IAC’s mobile audiology units give employers the best environment to meet their healthcare screening needs.
Our mobile audiology units adapt to other screening procedures such as x-rays, lung function, skin checks, Hand Arm Vibration Assessment (HAVS) and vision testing.
Our vehicle mounted mobile audiology rooms are perfect for employee examinations where permanent facilities don’t exist.
IAC Acoustics supply mobile audiology units to a wide range of markets:
Since the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are legally bound to protect their employees from excessive noise at work. The Health and Safety Executive states “the level at which employers must provide hearing protection and hearing protection zones is now 85 decibels (daily or weekly average exposure time) and the level at which employers must assess the risk to workers’ health and provide them with information and training is now 80 decibels. There is also an exposure limit value of 87 decibels, taking account of any reduction in exposure provided by hearing protection above which workers must not be exposed.”
Any health risk to employees who are, or are liable to be exposed to noise, and the employer is beholden to place such employees under suitable health surveillance including hearing tests. This is a mandatory requirement for all employees in the UK who experience noise levels of 85 dB.
Our Architectural Team can be of immediate help to provide Mobile Audiology Unit advice for you.
Advantages of IAC Acoustics Mobile Audiology Units:
- Units arrive complete and ready to use
- Standard audiology booths are suitable for vehicle mounting
- Bespoke designed options available
- Options include mobile trailers or complete mobile units
- Complete advice and design service provided
- Minimum work disruption for employees
- 40 hearing tests a day possible
- Fitted for disabled access
- Ventilation and heating included
- Lighting and power supplied included
- Safe quiet environment for accurate testing
- Adaptable to other healthcare screening procedures – x-rays, lung function, skin checks, HAVS and Vision testing