Automatic data acquisition systems (adas)
IAC Acoustics is a world leader in the supply of noise control and engine testing facility solutions for the Civil and Military aircraft markets. Over the past decade, IAC has developed and enhanced their Automatic Data Acquisition System (ADAS) to cater for the increasingly demanding needs of our customers in a variety of industries.
The ADAS product from IAC Acoustics is a state of the art, real-time data acquisition and facility control system, developed to aid overhaul and testing of aero engines. A typical ADAS configuration will include standard functionality that satisfies most customers’ needs “straight out of the box”. For extended functionality, IAC Acoustics’ team of specialists are available to provide bespoke solutions to fulfil any requirement including non-standard hardware, interfacing to 3rd party software, stand-alone data analysis and many other mission critical customer requirements.
As a guide, the ADAS comprises of the following standard features:
- An Industry Standard Platform utilising National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW software
- Control Desk (incorporating touch-screen technology displays)
- Engine Control System
- Facility Control System
- Mains Distribution System
- Signal Conditioning Hardware
- Engine Parameter Displays
- Real-Time Alarm Monitoring
- Data “Replay” facility
- Transient & Steady State Recording
- Data export facilities for post-testing analysis
- Single point, linear, table driven or polynomial calibration of data channels
- Remote Link (for instant support)
- Wiring harnesses
- Vibration monitoring system (optional full FFT analysis)
- CCTV system
- Analogue/Digital Inputs, Arinc 429, RS422 interfaces, TCP/IP Host/Client Interfacing, ModBus and more…
The system architecture is fully scalable to suit the customer’s requirements from a few channels to 1000+ by using a combination of chassis. Scan rates can range from 10Hz to several KHz dependent on the number of channels and hardware in use.